* Vivaldi: Concertos for Two Violins (VBO/Marcon/Mullova/Carmignola) (Archiv CD)
* Kurtág: Kafka-Fragmente (Banse/Keller) (ECM CD)
* Henry Threadgill: The Complete Novus and Columbia Recordings (selections) (Mosaic 8CD)
* Anthony Braxton & Derek Bailey: Live At Wigmore (Inner City 2LP)
* Anthony Braxton: The Complete Arista Recordings (selections) (Mosaic 8CD)
* Miroslav Vitous: Magical Shepherd (Warner Bros. LP)
* Connie Crothers: Perception (Steelplechase LP)
* Connie Crothers et al.: The Stone, NYC 2014-08-22 (AUD WAV)
* Connie Crothers & Pauline Oliveros : The Stone, NYC 2014-08-24 (AUD WAV)
* Connie Crothers & Ken Filiano: JACK, Brooklyn, NY 2014-09-07 (AUD WAV)
* Marilyn Crispell: Amaryllis (ECM CD)
* Tord Gustavsen Trio: Changing Places (ECM CD)
* Anouar Brahem/John Surman/Dave Holland: Thimar (ECM CD)
* Mary Halvorson Reverse Blue: Cornelia St. Café, New York, NY 2015-01-09 (AUD WAV)
* Eraldo Bernocchi/Bill Laswell/Tibetan Monks: Somma (Felmay CD)
* Bill Laswell, et al.: Axiom Ambient: Lost In Translation (Axiom/Island 2CD)
* Simon & Bard Group: The Enormous Radio (Flying Fish LP)
* Jerry Garcia & John Kahn: Marin Veterans Memorial, San Rafael, CA 2/28/86 (Pure Jerry HDCD)
* David Sylvian & Robert Fripp: Massey Hall, Toronto 11/1/93 (FM CDR)
* David Sylvian: Dead Bees On A Cake (Virgin CD)
* Earth: Bureaucratic Desire For Extra-Capsular Extraction (Southern Lord 2LP)
* London Grammar: If You Wait (Columbia 2LP)
Good grief -- what a week!
The ice storm lasted well into Monday, after which the temperatures plummeted to near-zero, leaving us pretty much stranded on the hill for three days -- only to be followed by more snow, ice and, finally, rain on Friday. Ugh! Fortunately, we only lost power for a couple of hours -- a minor miracle considering the conditions -- so it was actually a nice stuckation with Liz, cozy and warm in our home.
But, you see, we had other vacation plans for this week. We were supposed to go to Tuscaloosa, Alabama to see Anthony Braxton's residency at the University. Having never seen the man live, I was incredibly disappointed to be unable to get there.
Oh well. What can you do about the weather?
Nothing. I may try to get down for the tail-end of it, anyway. We'll see...
To compensate, I made a Vinyl Community video about Anthony Braxton's Arista recordings: