December 9, 2006

What Am I doing?

I've been thinking about deleting this blog and starting over, but instead changed the subtitle to narrow my focus a bit. I think I was a bit over-ambitious.

While I don't see the point of writing about music exclusively, it is something I think a lot about and I've got stuff to say. I figure if I can use this blog to focus on music, I will be more inclined to actually do some writing. We'll see.

In the meantime, I formally graduated from SECC last night. I was "valedictorian" and gave an address. I may post it here. Anyway, it was a nice evening. I was even filmed for a potential TV commercial for the school. It would be a hoot if they used it.

But, see, I'm already getting that nauseous feeling writing about myself and my personal life that just freezes me in my tracks and makes me not want to write in this blog. Maybe I just need to get used to it. I mean, it's not like anyone actually READS this blog.

More Later.
--rgc

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're wrong ... I actually read you you :-) ... I have you linked into my NewsGator so I can see when you make updates. It's nice to see you writing.
Christopher

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're wrong....I read you too! (though I need to catch up)
--Sam

Anonymous said...

....and also, I'd love to see you write more about the music you're listening to. Even a day to day journal listing of everything you check out that day would be cool. Go for it! And why not post some of the notes from the jazz lectures you gave a while back? And have you heard Ornette's newest yet?

Rodger Coleman said...

Oh, by the way, folks, SECC did in fact use me in a television commercial.

Did I see it? No. (We don't watch T.V.)

It was, however, independently verified by two different, unrelated persons.

Ha. Ha.

--rgc