March 9, 2008

Wilco: Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN 3/2/08


1. Via Chicago
2. Blood of the Lamb
3. Pieholden Suite
4. California Stars
5. Company In My Back
6. You Are My Face
7. Side With the Seeds
8. Pot Kettle Black
9. Shot In the Arm
10. She’s a Jar
11. Handshake Drugs
12. Impossible Germany
13. It’s Just That Simple
14. Pick Up the Change
15. Too Far Apart
16. Nothingsevergonnastandinmywayagain
17. Jesus, Etc.
18. Hate It Here
19. Walken
20. I’m the Man Who Loves You

Encore 1

21. Someone Else’s Song (Tweedy acoustic)
22. Misunderstood
23. The Thanks I Get
24. Red Eyed and Blue>
25. I Got You (At the End of the Century)
26. Monday

Encore 2

27. The Late Greats


All I can say is, “wow.”
Jeff Tweedy looked great in a white-and red Nudie Suit he wore especially for the occasion and it was a real treat when he came out for the first encore and played “Someone Else’s Song” alone at the edge of the stage, no PA, totally acoustic. Only at the Ryman would this be possible. “This is the best place in the world to play,” he said more than once and we truly felt blessed to be there.

It’s hard for me to be at all objective when it comes to Wilco; they are simply the best band on the planet. If I were younger, I would follow them around like I used to follow around the Grateful Dead. And that’s saying something (what I’m not exactly sure).

Just, wow.

No comments: