April 29, 2011

Talking About The Weather

Sun Through The Window

Boy, am I glad to see the sun! While I am extremely grateful we were not personally affected by the devastating storms and tornadoes that ripped through here this past week, my heart breaks seeing the destruction nearby. Magnificent trees were toppled down the road while whole towns were completely obliterated just south of here in Alabama. Incredible. Adding to our collective angst, this week marks the one year anniversary of the horrific, “500-year flood,” a disaster from which Nashville has still not completely recovered—and which left me fearful of rain, the giver of life. I swear: I’m suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder! And, sheesh, it seems to me we were only recently struggling with crazy, debilitating snowstorms…Is it just me, or has the weather become scarier over the past few years?

3 comments:

Liz said...

Love this glimpse into our sweet cabin in the country! I completely agree about the PTSD - such crazy weather...

Janiece said...

beautiful shot

Rodger Coleman said...

Thank you, Janiece!